Independent Federal Credit Union was originally established as "Delco Remy Employees Credit Union", receiving a state charter in 1946. The credit union's name changed in 1956 to "Independent Credit Union".
The credit union received its federal charter in 1984 changing its name to Independent Federal Credit Union and allowing it the freedom for expansion of the field of membership, to offer the membership a more extensive lending program, additional services and share accounts being insured by the federal government.
In November 2006, NCUA approved a community charter for Independent Federal Credit Union allowing a broader base membership in Madison County.
February of 2010 brought the combining of the 24th St. Main Office and the South Branch built in 1991, to create a very modern and state-of-the-art facility located at 38th and Scatterfield Rd.
Independent Federal Credit Union continually works to offer its members a professional place to go for all of their financial needs. Striving to create a place with friendly service, respect and community spirit. A place Members can be proud to call their financial home.
Independent Federal Credit Union celebrates 75 Years! We are Member Strong! Celebrating 75 Years and counting by continuing to provide a place where members are proud to celebrate their Independence!