UPDATE: 3-25-2020 - COVID-19 Relief Loans and financial assistance now available. We understand these are unprecedented, and uncertain times. This virus has not only put a financial strain on our community, the economy, but most importantly YOU. Our loan experts have put together some options to help get you through these tough times. If you have been affected by the coronavirus, and are experiencing financial difficulty, then we are here to help. We've got you. Visit our COVID-19 Relief Loan page for information on specific options immediately available.
UPDATE: 3-16-2020 - LOBBY CLOSED. DRIVE-UP Services OPEN. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, and for the health and safety of our members and staff, we have decided to close our lobby. Our lobby will remain closed until further notice, as we monitor recommended health and safety guidelines. Please note that our drive up services will remain OPEN and unaffected. We are still answering phones to help you conduct your financial business.
You will continue to have 24/7 access to your accounts via the following:
• ATM services, ATM deposits and night deposits
• Online Virtual Branch, which will allow you to pay bills, view statements, and transfer funds
• Our website allows you to apply for loans, make loan payments, and contact us
• Our mobile app – Touchbanking™ also gives you account access and management tools
• 24/7 Audio Response Teller. Dial 765-649-9271 then press 2.
We understand these are unprecedented times, and times of uncertainty. Your health and wellness, as well as that of our staff are our top priority. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding while we take steps to assure everyone's safety.
3-13-2020: As concerns mount regarding the coronavirus [COVID-19], we want to assure all of our valued members that your safety, and that of our employees, is a top priority. As part of our ongoing commitment to provide a healthy and safe working environment for all employees and members, we are continually monitoring the status of the coronavirus [COVID-19]. Independent is committed to being responsive, heeding guidance on prevention measures from local authorities, and the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Securing access to your accounts remotely will certainly be a safe option. We want to assure you that we are cleaning and sanitizing frequently touched surfaces on a daily basis, as recommended by the CDC, and local public health authorities. This includes surfaces, door knobs, bathrooms, and work surfaces and financial tools. We are a facility that does not host large crowds; however, we are open to our members and the public, so we want to remind members there are ways of accessing your accounts remotely, if you become concerned about coming into the branch.
We want you to stay connected, and there are a number of remote services available to you:
• Drive-up: Our drive-up hours are Monday, Tuesday 9 AM to 5 PM; Wednesday 10 AM to 5 PM; Thursday 9 AM to 5 PM; Friday 9 AM to 6 PM; and Saturday 9 AM to Noon.
• ATMs are always available to you 24/7. For a list of ATM locations, click here.
• 24/7 Virtual Branch Online banking: Access your accounts via your mobile device or computer. If you would like to enroll in Virtual Branch, contact Member Services by calling 765-649-9271 or contact us via the website by clicking here.
• Touchbanking™ Mobile App: Download our mobile app to also access your accounts remotely from your mobile phone or tablet. Our mobile app will allow you many services remotely including checking your balances, reviewing your account activity and the ability to transfer money between accounts. For more information click here.
• 24/7 Audio Response Teller [ART]: ART is a safe and convenient way to access your accounts by phone. From any touch tone phone you can conduct your Credit Union business day or night, 7 days a week. Call 765-649-9271 and click option #2 to get started.
• Website: Our website always offers you a way to contact us, apply for a loan, make a loan payment, or find out more about any of our remote services.
Please rest assured, we will continue to monitor the situation, and evaluate any additional measures needed to continue to serve our members. We will have ongoing cleaning and sanitizing procedures in place, and will follow the lead, and advice from our local authorities, and the CDC. We will also be monitoring the health and wellness of our employees to assure anyone not feeling well will not come to work.
In a recent press release from Governor Eric Holcomb, and the Indiana State Department of Health, Holcomb stated, “This is a time when we must do all we can to reduce the spread of COVID-19, protect our most vulnerable populations, and reduce their potential to acquire or spread this virus,” Gov. Holcomb continued, “I fully expect there will be additional actions warranted in the coming days. Just as we have since the beginning of the year, we are working with partners at all levels to secure all necessary resources for any escalation of this virus.”
Though we always love to see you, if you are sick, please stay home and avoid close contact with others, as recommended by the CDC. Other recommendations include:
• Washing your hands often. Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If the opportunity for hand washing is not immediately available, use hand sanitizers.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Keep your hands away from your face, or the face of others. Especially the elderly, or small children and infants.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes. Hold a tissue over your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, or direct your cough or sneeze into your elbow. Throw any tissues away immediately, and wash your hands as soon as is possible.
• Try your best not to touch others if possible (handshakes, hugs, etc.).