Russian security breach may impact Credit Union and Bank login credentials
Independent wants you to always be aware of potential account fraud
It is strongly recommended that our Independent Federal Credit Union members consider changing their online banking usernames and passwords as well as other account logins that could potentially be at risk. Information has not yet been released as to which U.S. companies or international institutions have been impacted as a result of this breach. Independent wants you to be aware, and take precautions against any potential risk.
The news releases also state that the group of hackers gained access to 500 million email accounts. Please always be aware of email “phishing” attacks and be extremely cautious when responding to an unknown email address.
To help manage the risk, here are a few tips to help you stay secure online:
- Always consider website security extremely important.
- Strongly consider resetting any related user names and passwords.
- If you are concerned about remembering your various passwords then record them in a safe and secure place.
- Passwords should be updated and changed on average every 1 to 3 months.
- Make sure your passwords are not easy to guess. Avoid using your social security number, date of birth, or phone number. Consider getting creative and substituting symbols for letters, such as “1am4ever*21” or “$endAle++er2me”.
- Avoid using the same password for all of your accounts. Especially keep your online banking password unique from all others.
- Take extra caution when receiving an email. Delete emails from unknown sources and do not click or open any attachments from suspicious emails.
- Be careful when visiting social network sites and the type of information you are sharing.
Monitor your Credit Union accounts daily for any unusual changes or transaction activity. If unusual activity is discovered, report it immediately to Independent Federal Credit Union at 765-649-9271.
Rest assured, at Independent Federal Credit Union, we are always working to monitor our member accounts for any suspicious or unusual activity. Always remember, Independent will never ask you for personal or financial information over the phone, in a text, or in an e-mail. Please always be aware of phishing scams that attempt to obtain any personal information from you!