How to be a Fee-FREE Member!
At Independent Federal Credit Union, we want to continue to build a strong membership and protect your investment as a partner in your credit union. Low balance and pass-through accounts, insufficient funds, excessive phone transfers and statement printing all come at a cost to you and your Credit Union. An active member of the Credit Union can avoid fees and help to maintain a strong and healthy Credit Union. Below are a few ways that any member can obtain a Fee-Free relationship!
- Maintain a minimum balance above $250 - OR - Have an active loan with us
- Keep a close eye on your accounts to make sure you always have sufficient funds for your daily transactions
- Keep phone transfers to under 3/month
- Keep your accounts balanced and active throughout the year [Click HERE for assistance and guidance to keep your account in balance]
- Sign up for e-statements [It’s simple to do! Just log-in to your IFCU account and click on E-Statement Link]
- Consider Direct Deposit
For more information and assistance on how to avoid fees, please stop in and ask to speak to member services. We are proud to serve our members, and want your entire Credit Union relationship to be positive and strong.