Independent Federal Credit Union History 1946-2010
Independent Federal Credit Union was originally established as "Delco Remy Employees Credit Union", receiving a state charter in 1946. The credit union's name changed in 1956 to "Independent Credit Union".
The credit union received its federal charter in 1984 changing its name to Independent Federal Credit Union and allowing it the freedom for expansion of the field of membership, to offer the membership a more extensive lending program, additional services and share accounts being insured by the federal government.
In November 2006, NCUA approved a community charter for Independent Federal Credit Union allowing a broader base membership in Madison County.
In January of 2008 IFCU added a branch on the West side of Anderson at 3607 Nichol Ave. February of 2010 brought the combining of the 24th St. Main Office and the South Branch built in 1991, to create a very modern and state-of-the-art facility located at 38th and Scatterfield Rd.
Independent Federal Credit Union has continually tried to offer its members a professional place to go for all of their financial needs. Striving to be a place with friendly service, and membership respect.